The chapel of the Pietat originated as a small religious building in the 16th century. Later, in 1717, it was enlarged, and then at the end of the Spanish Civil War it was completely burnt down. Between 1944 and 1951, the reconstruction of the church was completed according to a project designed by the architect Bartomeu Llongueras Galí, drawing inspiration from neoclassical models.
A place of worship and the people the chapel of the Pietat was built by the side of the old road into the town, very close to the crossing of the Tres Camins bridge over the major stream.
It is a very popular place of worship for local residents, and in late September during the the Smaller Town Festival of Arbúcies, a pilgrimage is celebrated with religious and public events, such as the traditional raffle of eggs and cava.
Subscribe to the newsletter